So I walked into Brandy Melville, saw this shirt, chuckled, but decided not to buy it. I don't really like how muscle tanks look on me, and although the quote was GOLDEN and just calling my name, I decided against it.
Then I went to Brandy a week later or so, and I realized that I needed this tank in my life.
Why? Because I can quote Mean Girls like a pastor can quote the Bible. In fact, Mean Girls is my Bible.
Anyhow, I've gotten a few variations of these comments from this tank:
- Oh my gosh I love that shirt.
- I need that shirt in my life.
- I saw that at Brandy and I thought of you!
- I can't believe you actually got that.
- You.. can't.. sit with us? That's rude.
- You.. can't.. sit with us? Oh I get it, because you're cool, oh I like that.
Yeah, those last two have come up more often than you'd think; who HASN'T watched Mean Girls?
I feel like that movie has just recently gotten super quotable on tumblr and just everyday phrases in general, which is weird to me because the movie is old.. but perhaps it's just the fact that our generation is accepting rude satire mixed with Lindsey Lohan and labeling it as hilarious. Who knows!
Either way, this tank is only $20 at Brandy, and if you're an avid fan of the movie, you'll definitely want to purchase it.